WE'RE THE CLEANEST CAR WASH IN TEXAS!
Did you know there's a BIG difference between Karma and the average car wash?
Karma Is a Hand Car Wash!
When asked, most people prefer a hand wash for their vehicle - Karma is truly a HAND wash - it's simply the best AND safest way to protect your investment.
And while our 100% Hand Wash process produces the cleanest cars, we also run the cleanest operation. As you'll see listed below, we take stewardship to the next level.
Karma Hand Car Wash Is Fast. Green. Clean.
At Karma, our motto speaks for itself as we set new industry standards of quality, value and viability. By making a huge impact with a minimal footprint, we're changing the world one car wash at a time ... for the better.
Thank you for fueling a chain reaction of positive consequences by choosing Karma!
- The 5kW solar array on our roof will produce at least 6500kWh (kilowatt hours) of solar energy per year reducing our carbon footprint by over 5 tons CO2 yearly. We will produce twice the energy in the near future by expanding to a 10kW array.
- To fulfill the remainder of our energy needs, we will purchase 100% wind power which offsets over 90,000kWh of carbon emissions per year, the equivalent of 68 tons CO2 ( or 338 Trees ) ... resulting in Karma's net zero carbon footprint.
- Karma's wash processes use only about 5 gallons of water per wash before the introduction of our Wash Water Recycling System which reduces net fresh water usage to around 1 gallon per wash. On the contrary, the average tunnel or touchless car wash can use up to 165 gallons of water per wash, easily eclipsing 12 million gallons of fresh, clean water each year ... to wash cars!? Example: 300 cars per day x 330 wash days/year x 125 gallons of water per car = 12,375,000 gallons of water per year - WOW - talk about wasteful!
- Water Smart Plumbing throughout our facility, in our bathrooms, washing machines and wash bay spray nozzles keeps water efficiency maximized, saving tens of thousands of gallons of water month after month.
- Texas Native Landscaping across our entire site is drought tolerant and requires little irrigation, if any, saving nearly 40,000 gallons of water every month based on a typical site our size with a similar layout. We'll also implement Xeriscaping and Edible Landscaping where possible to further improve our sustainability.
Karma Community Goals
We will work to bring the City of Round Rock together with area leaders and surrounding communities in a unified effort to:
- Save 10 million gallons of water per year.
- Become a Tree City USA and plant 365 trees a year.
- Offer recycling & composting at all businesses, schools, city offices and public places.
- Establish easy to find and use e-recycling centers.
- Use 100% clean, renewable energy, reusable grocery bags instead of plastic or paper and reusable water bottles instead of plastic.
- Stay at the forefront of sustainability by educating & raising awareness about the benefits, key causes, organizations and helpful resources.
- Arm people with education and action plans to conquer the challenges of living a healthy, fit lifestyle.
- Inspire citizens to take better care of themselves, their families, their communities ... and their cars!
Conservation & Proactive Management
- As part of our Zero Waste Plan, we will do everything we can to Reduce, ReUse, Recycle, Conserve & Compost. In doing so, we'll be able to divert over 11 tons per year from the landfill.
- LED Lighting, which is the most efficient technology available today, is predominately utilized on our site. LED's are 90% more efficient that incandescent bulbs, contain no mercury (like CFL's).
- The high pressure air hand dryers in our bathrooms reduce energy and paper waste by 97% over using paper towels. Just one ton of paper consumes 17 trees, 3 cubic yards of landfill space and pollutes 20,000 gallons of water.
- E-mail or Text receipts, instead of traditional paper receipts, will save miles worth of receipt paper every year.
- We will strive to become Green Globes Certified and always stay EPA Compliant.
- We support efforts protecting the well-being of our local communities such as: Austin's Sustainability Initiatives, WaterWiseAustin.org, ZeroWaste.org, ArborDay.org, GreenMountainEnergy.com, KeepAustinBeautiful.org and DontMessWithTexas.org ...to name a few!
- The wash supplies used to clean your vehicle to a brilliant shine are 100% Biodegradable, VOC compliant and safe for the environment.
- Every time it rains our Rain Water Harvesting System collects 3225 gallons of fresh rain water to supplement our wash process and irrigate our Texas Native, Xeriscape and Edible Landscaping.
Karma Car Care
- Honest, Trustworthy and Dependable.
- Karma Car Care Partners are a group of trusted local businesses dedicated to the common goal of putting the customer first, making sure you're getting the best service at the best value in town, while being stewards of the environment and our community.
- Skip The Slap. You don't like to get slapped around, well neither does your car! Protect your vehicle from machine controlled brushes at the tunnel wash spinning at high speeds smacking the heck out of your fenders, doors and bumpers or dragging across your hood and roof. When do those brushes get cleaned or replaced?
- Pass On The Chem Bath. Chemical peels might rejuvenate your face, but your car's finish doesn't regenerate like your skin does! Avoid long, harsh chemical dwell times at the touchless wash required to melt away dirt, grime & bugs. Where does all that chemical go after the final rinse?
We believe it's our responsibility to be proactive stewards of the environment and our community. Together we can accomplish great things to be enjoyed for generations to come.
Be a Part of the Solution
Someone wise once said, "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."
And, we have a big problem on our hands. Unnecessary waste, pollution and inefficiency is running rampant all around us ... overflowing our landfills, wasting our drinking water, contaminating our seafood, polluting our air and setting the stage for a run away freight train of other issues.
Waste is the result of a broken system, fortunately it's one that can be fixed!
Catalysts for Clean
Incorporating sustainability into your routine is easy, whether you’re at home, at work, or on the town. Every effort counts!
It's the choices we make on a daily basis that reveal our true character ... ready to rethink your habits?
Even if the only thing you do is clean your vehicles at Karma, you'll be part of a movement, a shift in mentality, that will benefit us all.
Here are some great resources to start maximizing your impact today:
Water - Water, Water Everywhere Less and Less To Drink
- Simple Ways To Save Water
- Innovative Water Conservation Ideas
- Don't Be a Water Hog
- Home Water Works - Never Waste Campaign
Air - Most People Prefer Fresh Air
- Arbor Day Foundation - Trees Make A World of Difference
Energy - We Can Do Better Than Clean Coal
Reduce, ReUse, Recycle, Compost and Conserve - It's Easier Than You Think!
Be In The Know!
Unfortunately, auto washing and clean can quickly become contradictory. Please don't patronize inefficient, wasteful practices ...
Over the course of a year, the average car wash can gulp over 17 million gallons of fresh water, consume a tremendous amount of energy, send mountains of trash to the landfill and create a laundry list of other collateral pollution.
In other words, there is a lot of unnecessary waste ... all of which can be prevented or signficantly reduced.
Hand Wash vs. Other Options
Washing your vehicle is one of those jobs best done by HAND, not a cookie cutter.
- Driveway Washing - It's hard work, time consuming and when done in the drive way at home can waste a bunch of water while sending harmful chemicals into the sanitary sewer or fresh water system - not good!
So, it's off to the car wash ... great choice, but all car washes are not created equally.
- Tunnel Wash - Machine controlled brushes spinning at high speeds smacking the heck out of your fenders, doors and bumpers or dragging across your hood and roof. A good ol' forced friction wash. When do they clean or replace their brushes? Plus, at an average water usage of up to 165+ gallons per wash, a lot of water goes to waste in a hurry.
- Touchless Wash - Can use up to 165+ gallons of water per wash with long, harsh chemical dwell times required to melt away dirt, grime & bugs ... even still, you usually have to prep scrub to see desired results. Some touchless washes even try to heat their water to improve results - a BIG waste of energy.
- Gas Station Wash - Probably the most inefficient and wasteful of them all, plus it's not uncommon to come out dirtier than you went in.
- Self Serve Wash - Good for knocking off big chunks of mud or heavy dirt and bugs, but you can easily spend hours in the wash bay doing the work yourself.
"A tunnel car wash with a moderate amount of high-pressure applications could use 120 gallons of water per vehicle. Assuming an average of 400 cars washed, daily usage would total 48,000 gallons. This site is therefore using 1.44 million gallons of water a month or more than 17 million gallons a year," AutoLaundry News 2011.
Before you wash your vehicle anywhere else ... think about Karma Hand Car Wash + Detail!